Obviously you aren’t satisfied with how you’re making coffee now, otherwise you wouldn’t be researching Keurigs! Read on, then you’ll know more about Keurig coffee makers than most people!
So you got up this morning, and your present coffee maker just didn’t cut it. The coffee was weak, you made a mess without a k-cup, or it just flat didn’t want to squeeze out even an ounce of coffee in that gaping wide open waiting cup! It gave up the ghost.
You, on the other hand, NEED your coffee. This is NOT an option for you. Coffee gets your heart started. Coffee opens your sleep stuck eyes in the morning. If you don’t have coffee you don’t function… Period.
Let’s work on fixing that situation! You deserve your coffee, and we’re going to help you get it! We’ll look at the Keurig one cup coffee maker model K55, and the Keurig coffee maker K575. Plus, we’ll compare those to another good brand.
This means you will be able to decide how you want to make your coffee in the morning before you head out to the lake. Or head out to your J.O.B. So stand away from the fishing rod and read on!
Do you love your coffee like WE love OUR coffee?
Stay tuned for a secret source of some of the best coffee around. Bonus review!
You get up in the morning, yawn a little, stretch a little, then get dressed and ready for the day. THEN you go downstairs, you fix coffee for you and your better half, and that’s how your day starts (she/he loves that!). Coffee is your morning sip of GOLD.
Love for coffee
This love for coffee has been something you’ve had throughout your life. With that said, you even have an unwritten rule to never speak to ANYONE until you’ve had that first cup of JAVA.
Coffee aroma fills the kitchen. Coffee is something you not only enjoy, you LOVE it. You savor it. Do you love yours like I love mine? Black with two ice cubes in it. My better half loves it over the rocks also, but with lots of rocks and some Dunkin Donuts Real Cream and Sugar creamer in hers. How do you like yours, let us know in the comments!
Recently, our favorite Keurig single cup coffee maker finally gave out after many years, and we decided we needed a new one. Coffee around our house is a must, we love our coffee, so we knew we needed a replacement, pronto.
We like the Starbucks Veranda Blonde K-cups, as well as the Original Donut Shop K-cups, and wanted to keep that k-cup format. Being as the old one was a Keurig and that brand served us well, we decided Keurig was the brand we’d look at first. Lately we’ve started trying out the different brands of ground gourmet coffee, so we also needed a unit that would accommodate the change.
The first of the two reviews for Keurig coffee makers is the K55
We took a quick gaze at the Keurig Single Coffee Maker, Model K55 which, even with the lower price, is still a nice little unit.
Benefits of the K55
- This Keurig single coffee maker, Model K55, comes in two colors, Black and Rhubarb, which allows you to compliment the rest of the kitchen, meaning the coffee maker is easy to find but doesn’t jolt you awake like your coffee does!
- The unit has a button control for the options available, allowing easy use before you have that first cup of hot steaming goodness, meaning there is little thinking to do before the coffee comes pouring out into your cup.
- It also has three different dispensing amounts, 6, 8, and 10 ozs., so you can drink however much you’d like in each cup, which means you’ll be the brew master of the house, giving everyone the exact amount they like!
- Lastly, it has a 48 oz reservoir, resulting in less trips to the faucet, giving you more time with other morning duties such as straightening out the tackle box while slurping your coffee.
Throw the ole Maxwell House Coffee K-cups in there and you can already smell the coffee! For your basic single use coffee maker the K55 is well worth the money. Do not get me wrong, this is an awesome example of a great Keurig one cup coffee maker for, say, a single person.
Go here to purchase the K55 now, the discount won’t last forever!
HOWEVER, if you need bigger capacity or when you decide to upgrade, you will see there are two clear choices. The Keurig K575, and the Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine By Breville.
This baby looks like a little brother to the Empire State Building! Nice little unit, it brews with a new and different kind of cup, called a Vertuo Capsule. These capsules come in Espresso as well as regular coffee varieties, and are the only type of capsule the unit uses.
Benefits of The Nespresso
- It is able to brew espresso and coffee in several sizes, including 1.35, 2.7, 5, 7.7, and 14 ozs.. So if you want that extra boost in the morning, you got it!
- The “Breville” denotes it’s a special model design which includes the option of a titan color scheme. The non-Breville model is a little more expensive than the Breville.
- Both the Breville and non-Breville models feature a 40 oz reservoir, and the Breville comes in 5 different color choices.
- This unit does have an advertised heating time of 15 seconds, which is fairly quick. This negates the need to have an option to turn the unit on at a certain time every morning. However, that leaves the possibility that the unit is wasting energy by keeping the water at an elevated temperature when not in use.
The one big drawback to the Nespresso is, you guessed it, the Vertuo Capsule. Why mess with availability on something you NEED in the morning.
The Nespresso allows very little consumer control of the unit, as all of the programming comes from the actual barcode on the coffee capsule.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville
If you like the Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville, go here now to purchase it.
Nespresso is owned by the food manufacturing giant, Nestle Co., and the Vertuo Capsule is oftentimes difficult to find in some areas of the up and coming Vertuo Capsule market.
Lastly, we have the Cadillac of personal Coffee Makers.
Or, if you live in Europe, maybe the Mercedes Benz of Coffee Makers. The second of the two reviews for Keurig coffee makers is the best… Keurig K575.
Or, if you live in Japan, the Kia Rio… Never mind.
You’re looking at the top of the line model, and arguably, it’s the standard by which all other coffee makers are judged by. It’s a sleek looking number! This is NOT your ordinary Keurig Single Cup Coffee Maker!
Benefits of The K575
- Able to make more than one cup of coffee at a time, it is able to handle 3 different k-cup sizes, allowing use of available k-cup products, which means better access to product availability.
- As well as produce 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 oz brewing amounts, that means hot chocolate for the little kids as well as the jumbo cup for Uncle Fred, all out of one brewer machine.
- Additionally, this baby brews a carafe in 22, 26, and 30 ozs, for when you have guests over for Game Night, or Christmas or kids home for the holidays, letting you spend more time with guests.
- It comes in platinum and black, has an LED screen, and can be programmed for start and stop times.
- It features a wait time to turn off after a certain amount of time with non-use, saving you some change on your electric bill.
- The K575 processes the new and the original K-cup sizes, although they need to be of recent manufacture due to the programming label, and also uses the Keurig 2.0 pod cup as well as able to process a whole carafe of coffee. That’s three sizes in total. This means you can take care of Susie’s hot chocolate as well as Uncle Fred’s big cup.
- Amazingly, the reservoir is a whopping 80 oz. of water, no more filling the reservoir two or three times just to fill everyone’s cup the first time, letting you spend time WITH the party, not taking CARE of the party.
- The easy to read LED menu includes an option for high altitude use, above 5000 ft. which allows use on a weekend trip to that fancy mountain chalet. Your family will be impressed with your coffee making skills right before hitting the slopes for the day.
To Sum The Reviews for Keurig Coffee Makers up..
If you WANT all the extras, this is the Keurig single cup coffee maker for you. This is the one we chose simply because our first Keurig was an exceptional value, and we were more than willing to go for the better unit. We discovered having the extra options came in handy when we finally DID need them.
This is the Cadillac of coffee makers.
Keurig is a popular option, having sold 10.1 million units in 2013 alone.
When you’re ready for the K575, go here to purchase it! Don’t wait, they won’t be around forever!
Now, a useful tip for the K-cup type coffee makers. When loading the Maxwell House Coffee K-cup into the unit, and especially with hot chocolate, shove the k-cup down on the bottom tine in the cup holder, this allows the pressure to vent downward instead of blowing particles, especially the chocolate powder in the k-cup, into the feed tube.
As always, if you have any questions, we love hearing from you, ask below!
Also please leave us a comment!
When you’re ready to try the Starbucks Veranda Blonde blend k-cups, go here.
We did save the best for last! Our SECRET source of coffee!
Golden Day Coffee
These guys know how to blend coffee AND there is a SPECIAL BLEND only for a select few! CourageBlend is a blend of Golden Day Cafe Dorado and Lumberjack, both dark blends, and is available by REQUEST ONLY. It is a supreme mixture and a special blend. We recommend it! Feel free to check out all the OTHER blends while you are there! AND you can get a DISCOUNT on your first order by using the coupon code TEACH.
And SHARE this page with your friends!